Search Engine Optimisation
What is SEO
“Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the ranking (visibility) of a website in search engines. The higher (or more frequently) a web site is displayed in a search engine list (like Google), the more visitors it is expected to receive. SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, and which search terms (words) are typed.”  W3Schools, Web SEO.
What we do
We try to improve the presence, hits and ranking of your site on different search engines by focusing on your site's content, navigation and overall web heuristics to make sure it accommodates the mechanics of the most popular search engines and making sure the content is visible to the relevant keywords and topics your target audience will be searching for. We try to use best practices as well as international standards set out by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and similar organisations in order to optimize your site's search engine visibility and credibility. This may involve changes to your site's source code (HTML), changes to your page and file names, image names and link structures, page keywords and meta tags, site urls, social media presence and other technical areas such as sitemaps, search engine verification, site crawling and so on. All of these are described in the “Service Description” section of this document.
What we do NOT do
We will not make use of techniques, formally and currently known to exploit SEO in order to gain more hits to your site. This only causes sites to be blacklisted on search engines and hits to your site will eventually degrade. We do not create a generic SEO blueprint for your site and copy that over to each page. While still treating each page as part of a larger entity (website), we look at what makes each page unique and try to make that stand out more when using a search engine. We also make sure to follow guidelines set out by specific search engines, for example, we try to avoid the following techniques, as specified by Google as bad practice:
- Automatically generated content
- Participating in link schemes
- Creating pages with little or no original content
- Sneaky redirects
- Hidden text or links
- Doorway pages
- Scraped content
- Participating in affiliate programs without adding sufficient value
- Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
- Creating pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware
- Abusing rich snippets markup
- Sending automated queries to Google
- We require full payment for all orders below R1000.
- Orders above R1000 require a 30% deposit before we start working and 70% upon completion.
- We need all relevant content for the project before we can start.
Some of our work
Send me a quote
Please fill in the form so that we can quote you for search engine optimisation.